Perth West Sports Directory
Do you like the Sports in Perth West?
Perth West Sports
Sport is one of the biggest industries in Western Australia, with many locations spread throughout the region of Perth. The sport industry is growing bigger by the day, and with the variety of activities available to people, one can always find an organisation to join. This article will list the sports organisations in Perth West, categorise them based on their activities and describe the benefits of each organisation.
Team Sports Organisations
1. Perth Football Club: This organisation has been a part of the West Australian Football League (WAFL) since its inception in 1885. Perth Football Club is known for its focus on discipline, developing athletic abilities, and providing opportunities for young people professionally, and building character and teamwork through sports. Contact them at [email protected] or call 08 9362 4499
2. West Australian Netball League (WANL): WANL is a big deal when it comes to netball in Western Australia. Members participate in yearly competitions that provide an opportunity for players to show case their talents in front of scouts and selectors, increase their skills and their chances of potentially making the state team. Alternatively it is just for fun and fitness purposes. Contact them at [email protected] .
3. Perth Basketball Association: The Perth Basketball Association plays host to both junior and senior competitions. With a variety of leagues and teams, individuals will always find a team to join in, and not just to play, but to meet new friends and to engage in great fitness. Contact them via [email protected] or 08 6272 0741 .
Individual Sports Organisations
1. Perth Surf Life Saving Club: Perth Surf Life Saving Club is a leading force in water safety, helping to keep local beaches safe and providing top class training and lifesaving service to Western Australia’s residents. The club also offers a range of programs, services, and activities that help participants become strong enough to cope with surf and water related hazards, across all age groups from junior to senior. Contact them via [email protected] for membership enquiries.
2. Gymnastics Western Australia: Gymnastics Western Australia is an organisation that is committed to providing gymnastics opportunities to all Western Australians. They cater to different skill levels and age groups, from programs that cater to toddlers and kids right through to adult gymnastics programs. Gymnastics offers many benefits, including improved strength, flexibility, coordination, and balance. Contact them at [email protected] for more information.
Recreational Sports Organisations
1. The Friends Of Trigg Beach Surf Life Saving Club (FOTB): FOTB is a great organisation to join to meet new people while contributing to a great cause. The organisation holds monthly beach clean-ups with the goal of preserving and protecting the local coastline. Contact them via [email protected] for more information an any upcoming events.
2. Western Australian Cricket Association (WACA): The Western Australian Cricket Association provides recreational cricket opportunities to people in Perth and surrounding areas, including indoor and outdoor cricket options. WACA prides itself with structuring their competitions to promote and encourage fair play and sportsmanship values. Contact them via [email protected]
The benefits you can get from joining a sports organisation in Western Australia are endless. The networks you can develop through organised sports can last a lifetime, and through the physical activities and camaraderies developed, improved personal wellbeing is the result. So, whether you are a beginner looking to try new things or an accomplished athlete looking to take your skills to the next level, finding and joining a sports organisation in your area is a great way to get started.
Perth West Sports Articles